Thursday 12 April 2007

Day 3

In the library just now. Spent the morning on the hunt for scraps of metal to use for project and in the workshop in the afternoon learning how to solder. Big thanks to Derek for helping me carry my scrap up the hill to the school... much appreciated!

Managed to acquire a large amount of copper wire that had been stripped out of a car engine as well as an old 3m extention cable I'm able to strip for the copper wiring from the electricals.

Really enjoyed being in the workshop because it was only through the learning process that I began to see other potentials in the materials. Instead of just salvaging the copper, I decided to retain the colourful plastic coatings of the flex. It gave the little experimental models I'm making another reference to the conflict of man Vs nature. Things consuming one another; the dominating nature of man's products on the delicate existence of natural forms. Photos and links to follow...

No comments: